Reality Shift (How to Shift Your Reality)


I don’t exactly know what I just did, or what thoughts I was thinking, or what things I was focused on, but I felt like my entire reality just shifted. It was a horrifying shift – nothing that I was used to experience. Since my childhood, I had these issues with my parents because I felt neglected because (1) my little sister was born only a year later than me but they ended up giving all their attention to her and (2) they claim that they were just naturally “emotionally distant” – but it doesn’t make sense to me since all people have emotions and emotional needs and it is their duty to make their children feel loved and appreciated for them to be equipped with confidence to go through life. And this is what terrified me: lately my parents were attending to my needs as if they were my maid or butler. Also, I always felt that my friends take me for granted all the time and hurt me intentionally. This normally happens a lot now that I’m a college student. However, now I feel like they show me so much love and appreciation, and that they are so careful to avoid hurting my feelings now. Also, some acquaintances of mine from my hometown whom I only spend time with during flights to the same school that we study in were normally distant to me and thinking that I was so stuck-up and very hard to befriend. Now they are so comfortable around me that sometimes I am the reason of their laughter. During this time of my life, it’s like my entire reality shifted into something that is nice, but something that I am not used to. It’s like my normal vibration of “I am not important” suddenly shifted into “I am important” that it became so real.

And so, in order to make sense of these happenings, I’m gonna list the things I did which I think are essential in making this entirely different reality:

1.      I started paying more attention to myself. Some people have “negative” terms for this like being conceited, self-absorbed, selfish, and so on. However, to me this is more like “filling your own cup.” It means trusting yourself enough to know what’s best for you. I buy what I want, I identify my desires, and I heed my physical needs like really eating when I’m hungry and not ignoring it due to some special circumstances. I say no to the things I know I really don’t like, and go for what I want. It’s because our desires are a part of us, and ignoring them won’t make them go away. We would only go for our desires subconsciously, or in a very underhanded way (which isn’t the best way of achieving them). When I started paying more attention to my happiness and health, less and less people are out there to bring me sadness or anger.

2.      I wasnt suppressing my feelings anymore – I stayed true to them even if it sometimes meant having a temper tantrum. I am infamous for being a pretty emotional person, but sometimes what causes me suffering the most is the suppression of my negative emotions in order to keep the harmony in the society. I stopped doing it and started paying attention to my emotions, whether they are good or bad. People need to learn how to stop making an enemy of their emotions because they are just our inner guidance system that signals where our current vibrations are. They are here to teach us lessons about ourselves. When I started heeding my emotions all the time, I became carefree and very authentic. I guess I’ve become a happier person.

3.      I started moving away from the negative people who werent treating me right, and who I know were having negative perceptions of me. This is what caused me so much suffering last year. I tried so hard to please them and make them like me, but that was so exhausting and very self-deprecating. We need to remember that we cannot control what other people think of us; we can only control what we think of ourselves. Also, what we do in our life is none of their business. They have their own lives to take care of. But if the people around you are already becoming extreme to the point that they are out to destroy you (or your reputation, most of the time), it is not your business to work on changing their mindsets. Just save yourself and stay away from these negative people. They are angry people who hate themselves. And so when I started moving away from the people who hurt me intentionally, I started attracting the opposite – which are the people who treat me very nicely.

4.      I am really a person who cares a lot about what other people think of me, but this time I dont really care. Deep in my heart I don’t really care. I am not bothered anymore by the anxiety caused by image-consciousness. It’s like I have a world of my own, wherein what I think of myself is what really counts for me. All people have their own opinions, but the worst thing we can do for ourselves is to let their criticisms ruin our self-esteem. You don’t want people who’d only accept you for who they want you to be; you want people who accept you for who you are, despite your “flaws” and complexities.

5.      I started feeling good about myself. We all have our insecurities and imperfections which make us feel a bit of hatred for who we are. We always compare ourselves to others and thus feel excruciating envy towards what they have that we have always desired for ourselves. Sometimes others’ little criticisms of us are enough for us to feel like a worthless person, but these are normal and are happening to all people – including those who seem so perfect. The secret to this is to start appreciating ourselves for who we are and eliminate “vertical thinking” or thinking that there are always people who are better or less than us. Everyone is unique and we all have different potentials, so we must discover what ours is and work on developing our own unique skills and talents. I guess I started seeing myself as someone who has nice abilities and attributes and not really worthy of belittling in any way. I started seeing myself as someone who’s very capable especially if I overcome my shyness and if I really put my mind into it. I started seeing myself as someone who’s worthy of love and appreciation. But I stopped seeking love and appreciation from other people; I started giving them to myself.

It took me so many years of suffering and pain to finally learn about manipulating our destiny. But destiny in itself does not exist, for we are meant to take charge of our own lives. We are responsible for what’s happening to us. No, I am not yet living a successful life, but it makes me happy that I’ve finally learned the secret (HINT: watch the movie entitled “The Secret” released in 2012) to live a life of happiness and achieve our deepest desires. I cannot tell you how impossible all of these were a few months or a few years before. I really wanna share with you pieces of my life but I think it’s more important that you know about the law of attraction and how the teachings of Teal Swan has impacted my life a lot (although this is just the beginning). We are not born to suffer; we are here in this planet to expand, achieve our desires, and fulfil our pre-birth intentions by following our bliss. And I lessen the sufferings in this world by being a happy person myself. Hooray for stepping out of hopelessness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.