Sisterly Love

My sister and I had thousands of fights since I was a toddler and she was a baby. While I was eating sweets that my mother gave me, I was annoyed by her loud cries so I kicked her. How ruthless I was! I thought it would stop her from making noises, but it didn't. It was the start of our sibling rivalry.

I have always envied her when we were little girls. Mommy always carried her while I always had to walk. Our relatives adored her more than me, maybe because she's cuter. And perhaps that is why I am so touchy about it until now. She never fails to annoy the crap out of me. I remember hitting her head, punching her, biting her arms and back. I was a good girl at school, but not at home, because of her. Several times I wished that I was the only child, or the younger child, or that she wasn't born because she gets all the attention. But there is one advantage of being the older sister - she gets my old stuff while they buy me new ones!

As schoolchildren, our relationship with each other never changed, even though we fought less. It annoyed me whenever she asked for help for her school works. Ugh. We weren't close, she had her own life and I had my own life too. I thought that it was better that way because you could only expect war when we are together.

Now that we are both teenagers, and she's taller than me now, I don't feel like I'm the older sister. I never acted like one anyway, I'm just the more aggressive one. Some people mistake her as the older one, but I'm never offended by that. It actually is a compliment that I look younger than my age, haha. But honestly, I feel like we' are already growing apart. I realized that I didn't like it that way. I missed her. We're actually kind of close back when we were preschoolers.

I don't have any other sibling. I only have her. That is why when we were little girls, she was my only playmate. I played, danced, and sang with her. I was always the leader, and she just followed. We had really happy times together back when our imaginations run really wild. Those moments where told to me by the old photo album that we have.

We still fight until now, but it rarely happens. Now I love her as a best friend, although I have two other best friends, and I'll cherish every moment I have with her. Ate loves you, Camille. :) I am not actually sure if you will ever see this blog post.


If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. 
- Linda Sunshine 


Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.- Amy Li


Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions. - Ugo Betti


It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own. - Pam Brown


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.